We’re run by volunteers. And we can always use more. Here are a few ways to help out at Wild Goose Creative.
Fundraising and Member Relations Intern
Wild Goose Creative is a catalyst and a gathering place for local artists, audiences, and creative people. While we are many things to many people, we are first and foremost a 501(c)(3) nonprofit; and as such we rely on the contributions of our community. This internship will provide someone with substantial experience in nonprofit development and management, grant writing, events planning, researching donor prospects, solicitation strategizing, in addition to gaining valuable office experience working in one of the city’s most recognizable spots for music, cooking, visual and performance art and everything in between!
Intern tasks can work on but are not limited to, the following tasks:
- Assist with fundraising and publicity campaigns
- Assist in planning and preparation of both internal special events,
- Assist with coordination, record-keeping, and promotion of fundraising events
- Assist with coordination of sponsor relations
- Assist in designing posters, flyers, invitations, thank you cards, etc.
- Track and compile fundraising and/or media statistics
- Maintain and update WGC member list
- Assist in writing fundraising-related articles for email campaigns
- Attend (for free) art events at WGC to network, interact and promote the organization, and possibly take photos and videos for future use
- Optional: Attend Wild Goose Creative Board meetings and related committee meetings
Interns should be college sophomores, juniors or seniors, studying marketing, business, public administration, nonprofit management, public relations, communications, or a related field. Art-related major students will be accepted if they have an interest in development, administration, fundraising or marketing communications.
Additionally, because these internships are unpaid, we make sure that the interns gain meaningful experience in their positions by allowing them to attend community/art events for free while attempting to gear tasks to a student's interests as much as possible.
Wild Goose Creative, a multidisciplinary nonprofit arts company in Old North Columbus, seeks an intern to assist with organizational operations, planning, and development.
The intern will:
- maintain office hours 3 hours per week at Wild Goose Creative, assist the leadership team in maintaining the space, and assist in distributing marketing and promotional literature throughout the city
- assist with a series of projects, including but not limited to: gallery installations, planning for a cooperative workspace for arts educators, and creating a city-wide series of creative classes.
- assist supervisor with communications with artists, Wild Goose Creative's advisory committee, project partners, and funders
- volunteer to set up and tear down for two events a month for the duration of the internship
- attend Wild Goose Creative programming committee meetings
The best candidate for this internship position will be:
- someone who is willing to move forward on projects and initiatives with only weekly check-ins from a supervisor
- someone with excellent email and social media communication skills
- someone who cares about forwarding the arts and educational opportunities in Columbus
- someone with a passion for research and learning
- someone with a vested interest in learning about nonprofit governance and grantwriting
Want to help out around Wild Goose Creative or the countless events held in our space? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll try to get you in touch with the right person.
Want to be the Heart of the Art? There may be space for you on our Board of Directors. Please email email@example.com with your resume and why you’d like to donate your time, money, or influence for the arts in Central Ohio.